Saturday, January 18, 2014

Inspired Beader: Amaranta Beads

Soutache Pendant by Amaranta Beads

Even in beadwork, fads come and go all the time - materials and techniques that are popular can be here one day and gone the next. One new trend that is too fabulous to be forgotten is soutache bead embroidery, especially when the artists who work with it are so talented. Today’s guest is Tiziana of Amaranta Beads, whose soutache jewelry is to die for.

Inspirational Beading: When did you first get started with soutache bead embroidery?

Tiziana: I started about a year ago. A friend of mine told me about this lovely technique. At first I did not want to try because I knew that I would love and I abandoned my other passion, the assembly of the beads with different techniques peyote, herringbone etc, but then curiosity prevailed, and then I fell in love of soutache!

Inspirational Beading: Do you remember your first piece? Where is it today?

Tiziana: I remember very well my first piece: a real disappointment! Creating it I realized that there was much to learn about this technique that requires a lot of precision and also a lot of practice. From that moment I have never stopped, I had to make several attempts before being able to see an object “go out” of my hands and say: "ok, well done“. I treasure my first piece , it's nice to see the progress I've made, but it is the first "son" and then I MUST to love it.

Inspirational Beading: Where do you find the most inspiration?

Tiziana: Mortira , it's easy to find inspiration for those who, like me, are lucky to live in a beautiful land: Tuscany. In the place where I live have found inspiration great artists, there was born the movement of painters "Macchiaioli" (Fattori, Lega, Novelli). I am very small thing compared to them, but the colors that my eyes see are the same ones who saw them. Seascape and Landscape: the sea, the hills, golden fields of wheat, the colors of the flowers. Seasons that pass nourishing the soul of beauty without limits.

Inspirational Beading: What's the most interesting or unique thing about your design process?

Tiziana: The most beautiful moment in the creation of a jewel is the one immediately following the selection of the colors and their combinations. At that moment, I have to decide what to accomplish: a pendant, a bracelet, a brooch , earrings... I start working and going forward I try to understand what has to be born by the interweaving of threads and beads. It's always a surprise why I not design anything before start, I let myself go to the inspiration of the moment.

Soutache Earrings by Amaranta Beads Soutache Bracelet by Amaranta Beads


Inspirational Beading: Do you have a favorite color to work with?

Tiziana: Gold, green, blue... Fields of wheat, hills, sea…

Inspirational Beading: What are some of your favorite beads or materials to use in your work?

Soutache Bead Embroidery by Amaranta Beads

Tiziana: I use high quality soutache combining it with Swarovski crystals, gemstone, seed beads and Delica Miyuki.

Inspriational: Beading: What is the most exciting designs in your shop right now? What makes it special?

Tiziana: I created a bracelet that is called The Winter Sea. I chose the colors after returning from a walk on the beach with my husband and my dogs. It was a beautiful winter day, the sand, the rough sea blue and bubbly. The colors and shape of the bracelet were inspired by the image and the memory of that beautiful moment...

Inspirational Beading: Who do you hope to inspire with your work?

Tiziana: Harmony, positivity. If the objects hold the memories, I hope that those who wear my bijoux living the same good feelings that I live when I create them.

You can see more lovely soutache jewelry designs and inspirations at SoutacheArt.com and in Tiziana’s Etsy shop Amaranta Beads. Follow along with Amaranta Beads on Facebook and Twitter to see the latest pieces.

Copyright 2014 Inspirational Beading and Amaranta Beads
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


3 comments:

  1. I love the look of it but no desire to try it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. Soutache embroidery is so alluring but very intimidating. I've still got to put it on my bucket list!

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com