Friday, April 27, 2012

Wish List: Seed Bead Rainbow

The only thing more relaxing than window shopping for beads, is buying them, and maybe beading with them. In other words, looking at beads is a fantastic way to spend a little down time, and it’s a great mood enhancer. Every month, I like to go on the hunt for really special beads, and I’m always on the look out for pieces that I want to add to my own stash. Being a bead weaver at heart, every once in awhile I need to stop and just dive into the marvelous realm of teeny tiny beads.

I think one of the things that is most appealing about seed beads, even to non-bead weavers, is their quantities. Instead of a single bead or two, you get a handful of wonderfully fluid little treasures. Seed beads are great when you want to buy hundreds of beads, but spend only a few dollars!

With spring finally here, and a whole summer of beading inspirations ahead, I needed a little palate cleanser. So, I searched out some irresistible seed beads in a rainbow of colors and finishes for a fresh start.



Fuchsia lined crystal
from Lima Beads





Opaque rainbow fuchsia
from Ornamentea





Punchy Orange Iris
from Sab's Glass and Destash






Glossy yellow
from pluffbeads





Pale apple green
from Spirit Bear Beads





Chartreuse lined aqua
from Caladonia March





Opaque green turquoise
from Beadaholique





Sky blue lined aqua
from FusionBeads





Frosted AB Purple
from Fire Mountain Gems





Wisteria lined crystal
from Artbeads.com


Do you have a favorite, have-to-have-it seed bead color?

Copyright 2012 Inspirational Beading and Friends
Images Hosted by Pinterest
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


5 comments:

  1. Oh, I want some of every color! I love them all. Seeds of all shapes and colors make me happy. I even like them in colors I normally don't like! And I love your new stash. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, vibrant colours! I tend to gravitate towards mainly earthtones and purples, but this spring -- partially inspired by the Patone palettes -- I've been thinking I need more juicy, bright colours. Perhaps something extreme like the new neon pearls from swarovski, but in seed beads.

    My colour obsession when it comes to seed beads always changes and it is an obsession, getting so mesmerised by a special type of finish or colour at the time. Right now it's striped beads and colour-lined coloured beads (not colour-lined crystal, though there are so nice colours in those too). Like the sky blue lined aqua in your post: the colour-lining intensifies the colour so much. Still has a depth with the transparent glass that opaque colours don't have, but the lining keeps the colour from "washing out". And sometimes, like with the magenta-lined black diamond in my stash and the chartreuse lined aqua in your post, the lining adds a new colour and dimension in an exciting way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the frosted AB types, and they only seem to come in a couple of colors- at least, that I've found. I've got the purple you show here, and a blue-green one. I'd be in heaven if I could find them in all colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish there were more pink shades available in the UK - I'd buy them all! I've been looking for dusky pink seed beads for the longest time now - I'll never give up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of my love of colours. Ha ha. I feel better knowing that I'm not the only one who drools over websites like Beadaholique.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com