Whenever this special holiday comes along, I always think of a bouquet of dandelions. They are the one bouquet that truly comes from the heart - hand picked by tiny hands for the absolute pleasure of it. Some may think of dandelions as weeds, but we love them at our house. They’re natural, resilient, and beautifully yellow - and they are the first food for bees and other pollinating insects each spring. Not to mention how much fun they are once they go to seed.
In honor of dandelions, bees, and all things Mom, I’ve put together a new mood board that speaks of spring delights. With an abundance of greens and yellows, these picks are warm and cheerful. Perfect for an outdoor mother-daughter or mother-son tea party.
Finding beads to create these looks was delightfully easy. It turns out that dandelions and spring greens are a popular inspiration. I combined two-toned beads and materials with dandelion motifs and symbols of friendship. These components would make delightful necklace and charm bracelet sets!
1. Czech Glass Leaves from The Best Beads
2. Dandelion Pendant from Artbeads.com
3. Dandelion Clay Pendant by Summer Wind Art
4. Heart and Flower Lampwork Bead from AuntiesBeads.com
5. Two Tone Fire Polish Ovals from Beadaholique.com
6. Lillypilly Dandelion Disc from FusionBeads.com
7. Golden Honey Fire Polish from Bead Girlz Boutique
8. Green and Yellow Wooly Wire from LimaBeads.com
9. Antique Silver-ton Teapot Charms from Kitsch n'Kaboodle
What flowers are your favorite to give or receive? Do you ever use them in your work?
Copyright 2014 Inspirational Beading and Friends
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+