Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Work in Progress: Blue Fringe

It is so exciting to get back to full tilt beading! This week I’m heading into my third project of the year, and things are going great.

Over the past several months, I haven’t had any opportunities to bead just for the fun of it, and my creativity was feeling a bit cramped. Now that my special side project is pretty much finished, I can get back to making projects on a whim. I thought that when I was free to create, ideas would come flooding out, but at first I felt overwhelmed by choice. I didn’t know where to begin.

Multistrand Ankh Pendants


This year I’m taking it easy by avoiding any big challenges, so I thought it would be fun to go back to my old methods of focusing on specific inspirations and beads. In the first few days of January, I took a little time to play with my new bone ankh pendants, and made some triple strand necklaces. The first one in green was slow going – I didn’t start to love it until it was almost finished. The second necklace with blue seed beads and striped bone tubes was so much fun I completed it in half the time.

Blue Fringe Necklace in Progress


Right now I’ve moved on to a new fringe necklace. It took a while to work out a palette that I liked. I started with the blue tube beads for accents, then went back and forth on colors for the tubular base. I decided to toss in the last few 8/o seed beads from the Artbeads Designer Blend I tried out last year, so a matching turquoise seemed like a good way to go. I haven’t yet decided if I’m going to include the vintage red white-hearts or not.

What are you making right now?

Copyright 2015 Inspirational Beading
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


6 comments:

  1. I am a new beader, so I have been working on my technique. I am doing bead crochet with invisible joins. I have acquired many beautiful colors and am simply working up solid bracelets. Given the size of the project, I am making about one every day. I just bought a book about patterns: Crafting Conundrums: Puzzles and Patterns for the Bead Crochet Artist by Ellie Baker and Susan Goldstine. I am ready to tackle patterned threading. My new joy: an arm load of bead crochet bracelets. And I never even WORE jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with all of your projects! Bead crochet - especially with patterns - is a challenge with gorgeous results.

      Delete
  2. I love bead weaving ,i am teaching my self a new stitch each week.i make earrings mainly . My next project is using the duo seed beads. Just bought some gold colored ones. I love experimenting with my beads,technique ,size, color ,materials just let me create!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with the duos! There are some really beautiful projects for them out there.

      Delete
  3. I've been getting into bead embroidery lately. I love all of the creative possibilities involved in it. I kind of look at it as the material is the canvas and I paint with the beads...(my inner painter is showing :) Love your blog...thank you for all of the great info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eva! I agree about bead embroidery being just like painting - there are no limits to what you can do. It's a great medium to go freeform in.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com