I added a few more rows of beadwork, which required some additional colors as well. In my first attempt, I had arranged the opaque Czech seed beads by color, but some differences in size became apparent, so I had to rework the pattern. This put all of the red and white beads together, so I included a single row of topaz to make things look a little more Egyptian.
With the additional rows, the beadwork is taking a lot longer, and I’ll be at it for several more days at least. I took a very brief break to make some beaded beads for a side project, just to keep from getting bored. They need one more coat of lacquer, and then it’s back to the collar full time.
Copyright 2013 Inspirational Beading
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+