Saturday, April 9, 2016

April Bead Stash Favorites

Have you ever been at a loss for what to do with your beads? I’ve been in this spot for a while now with some of the accents in my collection, and I finally figured out what I’m going to do with them. I’ve got something very special planned, and suddenly my bead stash has taken on a whole new level of inspiration. I can’t wait to start using them.

Lime and Cobalt Indonesian Glass Beads


Right now I’ve got my eyes on several different goodies in my bead cupboard, particularly my collection of lovely Indonesian glass from Happy Mango Beads. Colorful, organic, and stripey – just can’t get enough of these beads. I picked out my two all-time favorites to pose for this photo, and I liked the combination of lime green with striped cobalt so much that I think they’ll be paired with my first special project. Why didn’t I think of this combo before? It’s my favorite color pairing, and these beads have been staring me in the face for years.

Long Magatamas and Rizo Drops


I’ve also got oodles of drops, magatamas, and daggers that will be making much-awaited appearances soon. I’ve only just reached the point where I don’t feel like I need to save these beads for something really, really special. I just want to make pretty things with them. They’re also perfect for the idea that I have cooking, and I’m looking forward to seeing how many new ways I can come up with to make them shine. These long magatamas in lime and Rizo beads in opaque white might not go together, but I definitely want to use them both very soon.

10mm Sky Blue Glass Rounds


Also in the top of my to-use pile is this delicious strand of sky blue glass rounds. These baubles are a part of the nautical-themed March bead box from Blueberry Cove Beads. Of all the collections so far, this one is definitely my favorite. Nautical themes are not only classic, but they have so many amazing design possibilities. Boats, beaches, sailors, treasure…the list is endless. I don’t often have glass rounds of this size in my stash, so it’s great to have some new dimensions to work with, and the color is awesome.

What beads are tantalizing your creative side right now?

Mortira

Subscribe * Facebook * Google+
Send your beading questions to InspirationalBeading@gmail.com
Support Inspirational Beading for bonus tutorials and more!

Copyright 2016 Inspirational Beading


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com