Tuesday, August 5, 2014

August Bead Stash Favorites

August is usually a great time of year for beading in my workspace, despite the sometimes unreasonable temperatures. Summer activities are winding down, and the rush of fall and winter obligations are not yet realized. This year things are a bit different as I divert so much attention to my top secret project, and it has also affected the beads that I’m turning to the most.

One of the most exciting things in my stash right now is a new order from Happy Mango Beads. I haven’t had time to sort or store any of the new goodies, but every time I open my bead cupboard I see these three strands of white hearts peeking out of their temporary package and grin like mad. This time around I picked up some extra large yellows and some orange - I just need to find a little extra time to try them out!

White Heart Strands


Druks are a huge staple in the designs I like to make, even if they’re just there for the clasps. I’ve had an entire storage tray dedicated to just druks for a couple of years now, and it’s never as full as I’d like. Right now I seem to be using druks so often that their numbers are dwindling even faster than usual. Druks of all sizes and colors are crossing my workspace - I’m particularly fond of the little 4mm ones, which are a lot cuter than the 6mm druks that I use all the time.

Assorted Czech Glass Druk Beads


I have been cultivating a large selection of brown and golden hued seed beads over the past year or so, and it’s getting to the point where I may have to divide them into light and dark shades, just to have enough room to store them in. Whatever the inspiration or theme, I always want to include one of these colors, and I just can’t get enough. Right now transparent medium topaz and brown iris are my go-to colors. They seem to be able to handle everything I want to do with them.

Favorite Brown Seed Beads


What beads are you excited about right now?

Copyright 2014 Inspirational Beading
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


3 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com