Of course, it’s impossible not to be inspired by the amazing colors, patterns, and shapes of a tropical reef, even if it’s only a digital one. So for this month’s mood board, I went on the search for jewelry and garments that would appeal to a South Pacific mermaid.
Aquatic themes are among the easiest to create with beads. There’s an enormous variety of blues, greens, pinks, and oranges to choose from in every material imaginable. There are pearl, shell, and coral beads, beads shaped like fish and sea life, and plenty of techniques that evoke the feeling of an underwater realm. Combine any beads at all with coralling and the right colors, and you’ve got an instant tropical reef!
Do you like to use ocean themes in your designs? What are you favorite materials to use?
1. Green Stick Recycled Sea Glass Beads from Happy Mango Beads
2. Fuchsia Fish Leather from Fusion Beads
3. Porcelain Fish Bone Beads from Artbeads.com
4. Shell Fossil Nugget Beads from Lima Beads
5. Kelp Forest Bead Mix by Rhaad5
6. Pacific Blue Recycled Glass Beads from FireSpirit Beads
Copyright 2014 Inspirational Beading
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+