Monday, October 27, 2014

Inspired Beader: Red Tulip Design

Bead Embroidery by Red Tulip Design

Some artists do such amazing things with their materials, it almost seems as if those things were invented just for them. Such is the feeling of awe one gets when seeing the designs by Hungary’s Angie Mézes, of Red Tulip Design. Her combinations of beads, cabochons and ribbon are exquisite, with beautiful colors and organic flowing shapes.

Inspirational Beading: When did you first get started with jewelry design?

Angie: I've always been a creative person, creating new things is very important for me. Before I started with beading I had decorated my home, boxes, mirrors, candlesticks etc. with different techniques. Five years ago I felt in love with beaded beads. I found information on the internet about how-to-do-it and I was very proud of my first (not so perfect) ones. I made a lot of jewels with beaded beads and peyote techniques. Then two years ago I fell in love with bead embroidery and it became my main and the most beloved technique.

Inspirational Beading: Do you remember your first piece? Where is it today?

Angie: My first jewels were beaded earrings. Some of them were sold, some of them were Christmas gift for my friends.

Inspirational Beading: What kinds of beads and materials do you like to use the most?

Angie: I'm a big fan of gemstone cabochons and beads (and I collect gemstone elephants). I often use gold Japanese seed beads, carved bone cabochons, Swarovski crystals, freshwater pearls, metal buttons. My new passion is the shibori silk ribbon.

Shibori Ribbon Cuff by Red Tulip Design


Inspirational Beading: Where do you look for your favorite inspiration?

Angie: Nature is the most important inspiration and as I have two little sons, we paint funny things and we play a lot with polymer clays or with my bigger beads and gemstones. While playing I see the shapes and colors and they start to form new jewels in my mind. They're just like a movie in my brain. The hardest part is to wait patiently till I can sit down to my desk and start to materialize them. Although I'd gave up being a teacher for History and German, I still love different cultures, fine arts and my favorites are the ancient Egypt, the Renaissance, the art of Gustav Klimt.

Embroidered Cuff by Red Tulip Design

Inspirational Beading: What’s the most interesting or unique thing about your design process?

Angie: I don't make plans about my jewels, I let my instincts to guide my needle. My mind is full of beading themes, I often dream about beads and jewels. I'm fascinated by colors and textures, they are the most interesting aspects for me. The life with two little children is never simple and never boring but I think I'm a person with inner harmony and I hope you can see this harmony in my jewels which are parts of me.

Inspirational Beading: Do you have a favorite color to work with?

Angie: Gold, fuchsia, turquoise, purple and orange are my favorite colors, but I love the color palette of the forest in autumn.

Inspirational Beading: What are some of your other favorite materials?

Angie: I love to find new ways for myself, I'm looking for new challenges. Creating soutache jewels is a great adventure for me and I have a lot of plans with polymer clay for the future.

Bead Embroidered Bracelet by Red Tulip Design


Inspirational Beading: What is the most exciting design in your shop right now? What makes it special?

Angie: My bracelets made with shibori silk ribbons became the most popular items. I also offer shibori bracelet beading patterns and DIY kits in my shop. They are unique because of their color palettes and the exciting design. „Perfection in wearable art” is one of the customers' feedbacks for my shibori bracelets.

Bead Embroidery by Red Tulip Design

Inspirational Beading: Who do you hope to inspire with your work?

Angie: I started to offer the DIY kits to share the feeling of creating those bracelets with the ones who fall in love with my beadwork. I would like to make people happy with my jewels: I hope my jewels become little treasures in the life of my customers. Positive feedbacks and comments from beading pals and artists are super.

You can see more of Angie’s gorgeous work in her Etsy shop, or purchase her hand-picked materials at Red Tulip Beads. For even more embroidered treats, follow Red Tulip Design on Facebook and Pinterest.

Copyright 2014 Inspirational Beading and Red Tulip Design
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com