Friday, October 31, 2014

October Bead Stash Favorites

When we fall back on a favorite bead style, sometimes it’s just for the comfort of knowing exactly how they will look in a design, or just the right beads to pair it with. Sometimes it’s just because we love to see them and work with them.

Red Azuro Czech Glass O Beads


Right now almost all of my favorite things are old faves in some way or another, although I did finally get around to picking up some of the new Czech glass O beads at Aunties Beads. They are incredibly adorable, and I’m looking forward to seeing how they’ll work in my favorite designs. Although I’d love to see more opaque or single-tone finishes in future releases, I’m pretty happy with the red azuro color that I chose. It’s red and blue and gold all at the same time.

Rainbow Ruby Red Czech Seed Beads


I recently surfed around at Fire Mountain Gems, and did a little stock-up on basics like Fireline. I made a point of seeking out several new and old shades of red in 11/o seed beads. For the past few months, it seems like every time I sit down to design something, I need red – but I only have a handful of finishes to choose from. Now I’ve got plenty, and I’m particularly fond of these lovely rainbow rubies. The AB finish will allow them to blend in with a wide variety of palettes.

Czech Glass Tortoiseshell Coins


Another new addition to my stash is these Czech glass coins in one of my all time favorite finishes – tortoiseshell. I love the transparent topaz color with its flecks of black. It’s a little like an animal print, a little like a gemstone. I’ve already got a design lined up for these beauties and I can’t wait to get started.

What colors and shapes are your go-to favorites?

Copyright 2014 Inspirational Beading
Subscribe to Inspirational Beading
Get inspired on Facebook and Google+


3 comments:

  1. Those O beads are gorgeous! I need to get mine out and play.

    I wanted to thank you for the drawing I won a while back. I ordered some beads from Best Beads with the gift card and made a post to my blog, if you want to see, www.rosystitches.blogspot.com

    Thanks again! I'm having a blast with these beads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're enjoying the new beads! I hope they bring you plenty of inspiration.

      Delete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com