Friday, May 28, 2010

Blog Spotlight: KSK Designs

Every week Inspirational Beading is visited by so many wonderful bloggers and blog readers. I love reading each and every comment - even the spam! My visitors often spark some wonderful discussions on beading techniques and inspiration. I would love to return the favor each and every time, and leave comments for all of my visitors; but the to-do list always seems to get longer instead of shorter, and before I know it, another day is at an end.

When I visit a blog, I like to really read and absorb what the author has shared. Although there isn’t always time for reading and commenting, there’s always time for one more blog post! So, I’m going to share some of my favorite blogs each month, to say thank you to all of my fellow bloggers. The first blog I would like to spotlight is KSK Designs, by Kim.

Writing a journal-style blog is a tough job. If Angelina Jolie or Michelle Obama were to log in to Blogger or Wordpress and start writing about assorted things that they do every day, people would eat it up. Not so for the rest of us. When we go to the grocery store, it’s usually not worth writing about.

Kim, on the other hand, is a pretty fascinating person. On her blog she writes about a variety of topics from her day-to-day, including the techniques and inspirations behind her handmade jewelry. She shares her home and studio with a menagerie of interesting pets. She also raises exotic plants, supports important charities, loves nature, and is a real shutterbug.

KSK Designs Blog 2010



What I love about this blog is that the posts are casual and meaningful all at the same time. Each one includes ideas, information, or just something to make you smile. I’m always amazed by how much I enjoy reading Kim’s posts. When I’m following a jewelry blog, it's not so that I can read about vet visits. The KSK Designs blog is so much more than just a handmade blog though; the author invites you into her world, and shares the things that she is passionate about, whether they be good or bad.

If you’re interested in animals, jewelry design and nature photography, I know you’ll love KSK Designs as well! You can also see some of Kim’s inspirations in her Etsy shop, and on Facebook.

Copyright 2010 Inspirational Beading and KSK Designs


3 comments:

  1. Mortira, thank you! Somehow I'm dumbstruck for a moment. Doesn't happen often, but what a kind & heartfelt post. I'm thrilled that you enjoy reading, especially since your own writings never fail to draw me in. I've been a bit uninspired to write lately, but you've just given me the encouragement it seems I was needing. Thank you especially for that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! Sharing a little inspiration is what it's all about. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful blog Mortira!
    I just have to say thanks to Kim of KSKDesigns for pointing me in your direction. I can honestly say that she has been a great inspiration to me these last few months and I've a feeling you and your blogs are going to be the same.
    Think I need to take a leaf out of both your books!!
    Keep up the wonderful work and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com