Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Ring a Day - One

Summer is a great time to make changes. The days are longer, and sometimes it seems as if night will never come. Unless the heat is unbearable, it’s easy to be extra productive during the summer months. Although we’re still waiting for summer weather here on the West coast, I still felt like making some changes - hopefully for the better.

I spent much of May brainstorming ideas, trying to come up with some new segments and concepts for Inspirational Beading. I thought about some of the blogs I admire, like A Bead a Day and Wickwire Jewelry. I considered what some of my goals are, such as finally reaching 100 active listings in my Etsy shop, The Sage’s Cupboard.

And, suddenly, inspiration!

For the entire month of June, I have challenged myself to create a ring every single day. It’s crazy, but I think I can do it! The challenge will be to avoid repetition. I did cheat a little, and gave myself a head start. Ring #1 was started last night.

Electric Lime Ring by The Sage's Cupboard
Electric Lime Ring



This is “Electric Lime”. I had the idea for this piece while making a checkered rope for a custom order. I love the look of bright colors against black and white. I just happened to have some lime green magatamas, which I love to use for extra texture. When the band was finished, I thought that the ring needed a little more green, so I also added a few drops to the finishing fringe. This is by far the tallest ring I’ve made, and I love the boldness of it.

I’m so very excited about A Ring a Day, and I hope you’ll join me in the coming weeks to see all 30 creations!


3 comments:

  1. Good luck in accomplishing this. I am looking forward to all the rings you make.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ring! It's not easy proving great writing & inspiration daily! I give you credit for challenging yourself and look forward to what you create!

    Have a terrific day!
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. You inspire me. True - summer can be productive- a time to catch up, experiment and store for winter hibernation.

    What will be my goal? -may be to create one item a day.

    It's interesting that some how I landed at your blog,not knowingly in the beginning, then I realized that perhaps I know you and I just hearted one of your necklace just the other day from etsy- (your etsy mini helped.)

    And more--- I learnrd that you are Mortira, and you have visited my blog home too. But when I was just appreciating your blog- this one, I did not know all that.

    It was like finding an old friend suddenly again!

    Dita- also from http://www.bead-z-mommys-business.com

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com