Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Success and Ring Thirty

Selections from the Ring a Day Series

Few things are more exciting or satisfying than setting a goal and then reaching it. When I came up with the idea to create one ring every day for a month, I though it would be a breeze. After the first week, I had a few moments of doubt, when I wondered if I would be able to keep up the pace. I hadn’t really made plans for 30 unique ring designs, so I worried that I might get stumped for ideas before the end.

Luckily, I had a lot of inspiration. Some designs looked a lot better on paper, but the beauty of such a small project is that you don’t waste much time or thread on mistakes.

For the final piece in the Ring a Day series, I wanted to do something really special. I wanted this ring to be perfect, with a great color combo. Unfortunately, I couldn’t decide which colors to use, so I just went with all of them.

Celebration Ring by The Sage's Cupboard
Ring # 30 - Celebration

I think this is my favorite ring of all, and not just because it’s the last one. After picking out and arranging 14 different bead colors to make a continuous rainbow, I thought it would be really tedious to have to switch colors so often. I was totally wrong! Changing beads every two rows seemed to make the work go so much faster, perhaps because I could see my progress as I packed up the old color and moved on to the next.

To save a little time, I picked out the 8 beads needed for the second leg of the pattern while stitching the first. Peyote rings are usually my least favorite because they take the longest to finish, and the thread gets so twisted I have to work with half lengths. Seeing 112 seed beads laid out for stitching made it seem so simple.

Thank you so much for joining me on this crazy creative journey!

Copyright 2010 Inspirational Beading and The Sage's Cupboard


2 comments:

  1. Your beadwork is beautiful! I love the colors you use. So vivid! I always admire anyone who can be so creative with little tiny beads.I would have a hard time just seeing them! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Color is always an important muse for me. The palette has to be just right in order to create the image or feeling that I want in a piece.

    I don't have trouble seeing the beads - yet! - unless they fall on the floor. I've almost given up on rescuing spills.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Fire Mountain Gems and Beads

Inspiration Topics

accessories amulet Ancient Worlds Modern Beads animals April's Army art ArtFire astrology astronomy autumn awards awareness bangle beach Bead Inspired Bead Shops bead soup bead spotlight bead stash Bead Trays beaded beads beading theory beads belt bezel birthstones black blog spotlight blue boho bone book spotlight bracelet Bracelet A Week branch fringe brick stitch brown bugles buttons cabochon ceramic chain maille challenge charity chevron chain christmas collar Collections color Color Ideas color triads conservation craft shows crafts crochet crystals cuff Culled Beads current events Current Faves daggers Daily Sets daisy chain Delicas Destash drops Dutch spiral earrings Egypt Egyptian Gods embellishing embroidery environment etsy exotic fair trade fantasy fashion Favorite Beads Favorite Techniques feminine fibers film findings fire polish fixtures Flashback Test flickr inspiration flowers food found object free form fringe Geek Jewels geekery gemstones geography giveaway glass gold gray Greece green herringbone hex cuts history holiday home decor insects inspiration tip inspired beader Inspired by... Inspiring Links ivory Jewelry Stash knitting ladder stitch lampwork lariat leaf fringe leather lights literature loomwork macrame magatamas Master Class Medallions metal free metalwork Mini Collar a Week mixed media mixture Mood Board MOP multi-color multi-strand music natural beads nature necklace Necklace a Day Nepal chain netting New Beads ocean ombre orange paint paper patterns pearls pendant peyote photography Picasso finish pink Pinspiration PMC polymer clay poster sketch purple quick inspiration rainbow RAW red resin ring Ring a Day rivoli Rome Russian spiral scarf science seed beads shell silver soutache spiral rope spring square stitch St. Petersburg steampunk stringing stripes summer tagua TBT The Elements thread Tilas Time Capsule tools trade beads triangle weave tribal tropical turquoise tutorial two-hole beads Ugly vintage Wear it Twice weather white winter WIP wire wishlist wood World Beaders yellow
Blog Home * About * Beading Tutorials * Advertise

Learn About Sponsoring Inspirational Beading with Project Wonderful
Affiliated With ShareASale.com and Amazon.com